Tuesday 21 February 2017

Theme-tas-stitch 2017:Focus Finish February

Hello Friends,

Its time for first check in for Theme-tas-stitch 2017 SAL. What's that I hear you ask? Theme-tas-stitch 2017 SAL is easy ,no fuss SAL being hosted by Kerry. Each month we are given a theme  and we choose a project which fits it.
The theme for February is Focus Finish . Work on a WIP in your stash that you would love to get finished.  When I joined the SAL I decided to focus on my Candamar Designs kit called Most Beautiful Things Picture, however I knew I can not finish it in one month. But I do want to finish this asap.

I have been able to add 2948 stitches since I started stitching for Focus Finish . I thought of tracking the number of stitches for this as it would give me a better perspective . Then I set up targets, 100 stitches in a week day and 400 stitches each day during the weekend. Looks easy right ...only if I stitch every day. I stitched 13 out of 20 days in February till now.

Here is a before and after picture.Sorry the pictures in night time under a lamp.
Before
After

If I would have stitched all days and met my stitch target , I would have completed the project this month.
However, I'm happy to report that I have reached the full width and height of the project.

Not much stitching will happen in coming days as its my birthday and Kuwait National day celebrations next week. This is my favourite time of the year in Kuwait with everything decorated with lights.

I'm off to check what other participtants have stitched.

14 comments:

  1. Yay Mini! I think you are the first! The link up post is there now. You've made a great job of reaching the edges so to speak, I always find it helps when you can see how big it will be. Enjoy all the celebrations and Happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your WIP. Hope you have a fun time with the Kuwait celebrations and your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely birthday and Kuwait National Day. You put a lot of stitches into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time next week! You made a good progress on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely WIP, and you have made great progress. Have a great birthday and enjoy the Kuwait celebrations x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful progress, that's such a nice project and enjoy next week, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... that's an awesome progress.. Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even when you are retired you do not always find time to stitch on each and every day. And when you still work it's nearly impossible. But it's great what you could accomplish on your focus piece, Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great progress on your project.
    Happy birthday wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!! I would love to see pictures of the lights for Kuwait National Day. Happy birthday! Mine is also in less than a week...the 27th! Enjoy your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well done on your progress! I never count stitches (apart from my ten a day) but 100 a day seems a reasonable target.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful progress!! And Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday wishes.
    Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good progress and pretty design. thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...