Thursday 31 December 2015

2015 Crafty Achievements & 2016 goals

Hello Friends,

Welcome to the last post of the year. Blogging has been so much fun this year and I have met some wonderful friends thru this.

I started my blog in 2011 to record my experiences of travelling and then I went MIA.
2014 was the year I started writing about my cooking experiments .
I have been part of cross stitch groups on facebook since July 2014 and I also follow various cross stitch magazine pages there.
One day (end of Jan I think) while browsing thru one of these pages, I saw Jo's comment. She was complaining that how she hadn't received her prize from one of the competitions run by that magazine which she can include in her Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. The term "Gifted Gorgeousness " caught my attention and I searched for it on Google and found Jo's blog. Rest is history as they say...ha ha
I asked Jo if I can participate in the SAL, posted about my cross stitching on the blog, back dated the posts to show the work I did in 2014.

2015 has been year of so many firsts cross stitching wise :

1. Participated in a blog SAL
2. Made a cross stitch card
3. Made a cross stitch ornament
4. Participated in a cross stitch exchange
5. Made a cross stitch cushion including the sewing
6. Stitched a cover kit
7. Bought a cross stitch magazine
8. Stitched on linen
9. Stitched a 20+ color pattern
10. Used  DMC floss (I know your jaw will drop after reading this)

I managed to finish 15 projects this year, however I can't show the 15th as the receiver hasn't got it yet. All were/are gifts.
My favourite finishes of the year

Cards I made during the year
Smalls stitched for exchanges and gifts


Here is a pie chart showing my year round stitching ,quite better than 2014.


Here are my crafting goals for 2016

1. Try blackwork
2. Learn 2 new ways of finishing cross stitch
3. Stitch on evenweave fabric
4. Stitch a medium/big size kit
5. Use stash the maximum
6. Pick fabric painting again
7. Try embroidery other than cross stitching :)
8. Keep trying to crochet. I have now finished making a single crochet coaster :)
9. Learn quilling . This has been pending since 2010.

I will be participating in GG SAL 2016 and EMS Flower of the month SAL on facebook .

I have been blessed to receive so many beautiful handmade gifts/cross stitch supplies from my blogging/crafty friends from all over the world all thru the year. I would also like to thank you all for your comments and appreciation of my work.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!




14 comments:

  1. Good achievement in 2015. A very happy new year and best of luck to achieve your goals for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year of firsts! Wishing you many more creative firsts in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stitched so many lovely things this year! And I am really looking forward to seeing all the things you have planned for 2016! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how you found me LOL. I'm so pleased that you did.
    This year has been a great one for new experiences and I'm sure 2016 will be equally adventurous for you.
    GG was definitely the right SAL for you with all your gifts you've stitched for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes in 2015!! Happy new year and good luck for your 2016 crafting goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on all the stitching adventures you dove into in 2015. And good luck with your new goals for this year.
    Have a happy and healthy New Year, full of these little stitches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see all your work of 2015 and to read your goals for 2016...wishing you a fabulous year Mini

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice you want to try new things and have achieved so many new talents :) I wish you many prettyx-stitches for the year 2016 !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never used DMC before 2015? What? You certainly finished a lot of very nice projects. Good luck with everything you wish to try this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had never used DMC before, as its not available in Indian sub continent :(
      Thanx for the wishes.

      Delete
  10. Wow! you had a great 2015 :o) gorgeous finishes - just perfect for the GG SAL :o)
    I hope you have a wonderful 2016. I look forward to seeing how you go with the great list of goals that you have set yourself :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your 2015 finishes, Mini!! I hope 2016 will be a creative year for you as well. Thanks so much for visiting me at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...